Monday 18 May 2015

Announcing: The Caped Crusader- A Batman Fan Game

So, firstly, welcome to the blog. I've been using RM2K3 for quite a while now and decided that now is the time to blog my projects.

So I'm starting with a fan game I've been working on; introducing, The Caped Crusader- my Batman fan game. It's a top-down adventure game that features a Action Battle System (and ABS, as we call it RM2K3) of my own design.

As some who have been following me on Awesomnistic have known, I'm a bit of a comic fan. This game is designed to get people invested in comics by promoting some of my favourite story lines.

The story is still a work in progress, but I'm borrowing heavily from the Court of Owls, with a smattering of bits and pieces from other Batman stories.

Oh, right; Pics, or it didn't happen, right? I got your back:

Batman walks around my incomplete Gotham narrows.

The ACE Chemical plant, and a very familiar face...

Just a few faces you can expect to see...
Before anyone asks, I'm not trying to reinvent the Arkham games. I honestly haven't played them (I'm kinda' poor) and what I know about them comes from reviews I've read. You'll still see a few elements that may seem familiar (a little bit of stealth gameplay, for example) but I'm not using it as Arkham as my inspiration; I'm hoping to create something that feels like it's own beast, and I hope you'll join me on the journey.

Eventually, I'll be posting it up on RMN, but I need plenty of time to fine-tune it and hopefully get a demo together.

I'm also going to post tutorials as I create the game, and promote other 2K3 projects that I consider inspirations to this game. In the meantime, check out Awesomnistic, my primary blog for all things Superhero.

No comments:

Post a Comment